Our Friends at Mt Rushmore Tours have put together a special runners tour for Sat. the day before the race.
Frequently described as “Absolutely the Best Tour and Entertainment Package in the Black Hills of South Dakota.”
- Mount Rushmore – We’ll spend at least an hour visiting Mount Rushmore. There is plenty of time to see all the park has to offer including the sculptor’s studio and the Lincoln Borglum Museum.
- Iron Mountain Road – We’ll wind over the Peter Norbeck National Scenic Byway as it takes you over Iron Mountain through scenic tunnels and pigtail bridges. Camera Stops!
- Custer State Park – Keep your camera ready and your eyes on the lookout for wildlife like buffalo, burrows, antelope, elk, and rocky mountain bighorn sheep. We’ll stop when it’s safe.
- State Game Lodge – Our lunch stop (Cost of Lunch NOT INCLUDED) is the presidential summer white house to former president Calvin Coolidge. Here you can purchase lunch from a menu or buffet. Try the buffalo soup! Cost of Lunch NOT included!
- Needles Highway – We continue through Custer State Park up Needles Highway passing through scenic tunnels and by scenic overlooks. Camera Stops
- Sylvan Lake – Stop for pictures at the spectacular man-made lake located at the bottom of Harney Peak.
- Crazy Horse Mountain and Memorial – Staying for at least 1 hour we’ll visit the largest mountain carving in the world. You can visit the memorial and museums and learn much about the sculptor Korzak Ziolkowski in his home studio museum.
- We will return you back to Palmer Gulch and 1880 Train Depot.